Thursday, November 17, 2011

High School

Obviously there is going to drama in high school, but that doesn't mean we have to become subjects of the hate.  We can rise above the struggles (I know that's hard sometimes)  and put our best feet forward and move on with our lives.

I was watching people today, as I sat alone at lunch for a little while.  Watching expressions, listening to words said, and everything like that.  I got so many dirty looks for sitting by myself.  Which I don't understand, I mean is it a crime to sit by myself and be okay with it?  There were a couple of words said, (remember I'm in Lehi) that stood out to me.  A girl walked past with a boy and three girls followed behind moments later.  The middle girl of the three started to yell at the two in front of them.  About being a slut, prostitute, and others like that.  Thinking about that, I was wondering how it hurt the others along with hurting herself.  She would now be remembered in a lot of people's mind as the girl that calls others slut, prostitutes, whores, and everything else you can think of in that category.

Stop the Hate....
Stop the Hateful words and phrases.

There was another instance.  A girl called her friend a 'faggot'.  Yeah, he didn't care.  But the people around could be offended by that word.  I kindly asked her not to use that word and it hasn't happened since.  Amazed myself with my action and I'm hoping she won't use that word again.

Words I try not to use right now:
Faggot
Gay
Retard

Others will definitely be added later on.


Have a Heart -- Stop the Hate


No comments:

Post a Comment