I hold the door open for everyone that I can when I am not in a rush to get somewhere. I like to hold the door, I don't know why. But every time I do so, I only get about two thank yous. That doesn't stop me from holding the door for them, but it shows me how much you appreciate me being there. I bet it would change your day if I wasn't there to hold the door for you everyday.
Everyday at my dance class I hold the door to get into the locker room, everyday! I get about five thank yous, depends on the day and if someone new decides to say thank you. But I only have two people that say thank you, every single time. It is nice to hear those two words. It makes me smile when they come through the door, and makes me want to hold the door for them even more.
A simple thank you, can change a person's attitude at that time.
In the lunch lines, I say thank you every time, but I rarely hear anyone else say it. Once I said it to one of the lunch ladies and she was so excited. She would surprised that I said thank you, she had never has someone tell her thank you. All of the days she worked and not one thank you. That has got to be hard, especially with how many people she helps just in one day.
A simple thank you
Two words
Two seconds
How hard can it be?
Have a Heart -- Stop the Hate
Say thank you
No comments:
Post a Comment