Friday, March 2, 2012

Being A Dancer

Being a dancer has many ups and downs, just like life. But through being a dancer, I am able to express myself everytime and anytime I want to. People can't tell me that I can't move one way because I am the one that is complete control of my body. No one can physically take over my body and make me do what they want me to.

Dance is a beautiful art form and even though it is used to express oneself most of the time, there are a ton of critics out there that want to tell you that you aren't good enough, aren't skinny enough, aren't flexible enough, or anything else. There is a definite.stereo type when you hear the word "dancer". But there are so many beautiful and amazing dancers that break the stereo types.

What I'm trying to say is, I have grown up with people telling me that I couldn't do it because dancing is never gonna get you anywhere in life. Being a dancer isn't a career that will get you anywhere in life. But I haven't given up on that dream, I haven't left it, I stand tall with my passion for dance.

Yes, there are going to be people in this world that is going to tell you no, but there are always gonna be people that will push you towards your dreams and wants.

Find them, because the kind of people that you choose to hang out with, is the kind of person you are going to be like.  Yes, you may make your own opinions and and actions and everything else like that, but the people and situation that surround you in fluences you in many different ways that you never really realize.

Be a person that brings people up instead of pushing people down.

As you bring other people up you also bring yourself up. Its a secret win-win situation that no one really thinks about.

Now, I don't know how people actually read this constantly, or how many people care. But next time, I want to give you a challenge. This is a challenge that I have been working on since October 21, 2011 and I still haven't been able to do it perfectly. Its a hard challenge, but its definitely worth the effort.

If you decide to take on this challenge I would hope for you to tell me how it goes and the things you go through as you try the challenge

Have a Heart -- Stop the Hate

No comments:

Post a Comment